CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 25, 2011

How??

I am feeling so overwhelmed with all the things I want to teach my children. Tonight was the first time Bryce has really spoken out about his concerns with school. He told us he is unhappy. We asked why and his answer was it is too loud at school. The kids in class will not stop talking. There are also missing basketballs at recess and that upsets him. It upsets him when he is good and the teacher does not notice and doesn't give him credit for being good. He went on and on tonight. It seemed that we need to do a lot more explaining and he to us. I feel that it is hard to get him to talk about his feeling though and I really had to ask and ask over and over tonight. I just wanted to know. He was so upset he didn't even want to eat. This is so unlike him. He is the child garbage disposal so we knew something was up.

We ended the night with family home evening and he started to come around to himself then. But I was again feeling like we could have talked all night about all the things that they need to know. They had so many questions that I wanted to answer but then there came a time where it was just time to go to bed. I hope that we raise our kids right or the best that we can. I hope they can choose right from wrong and be able to stand up for themselves. I just feel that there is more that I can or should be doing, but how?

4 comments:

Sara said...

So weird...we had the same drama last night with L. I told her eveyone has trials and to say a prayer and read her scriptures. She fell asleep on a bunch of pillows at the foot of my bed, scriptures in hand. Such sweet faith!

Rachael said...

Sad Kaysea!!! I hope he is doing okay at school today! Do you know the teacher well enough to call her about the class?

KaySea said...

I know the teacher and email her but she has a student teacher in there now. He is having a hard time with the change I am guessing. He is so honest though and really tries and I just hope he can get through it. Having the church in our lives really does help.

Lindsay said...

I have the same fears and concerns about my kids frequently. I am always worried about whether I'm doing enough, teaching enough, listening enough etc. It's so overwhelming. Hang in there. I don't think your feelings are abnormal. You're doing a great job with your kids.